Three young male cyclists suffered cardiac problems after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. The incidents occurred in the summer of 2021 among members of the Acrog-Tormans cycling team in Belgium.
- Yarno van Herck, a member of the Acrog-Tormans cycling team, experienced chest pains and was diagnosed with myocarditis after receiving the first dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. He was 15 years old at the time.
- Another teammate, Joppe Erpels, who was 17 years old, developed severe heart problems one day after a race and two days after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. He was also admitted to intensive care.
- Xander Verhagen, a 17-year-old member of the team, experienced heart problems during training one day after being vaccinated. He recovered at home without hospitalization.
- All three incidents occurred within a period of three weeks among the 80 members of the Acrog-Tormans junior squad, all of whom were vaccinated. This results in a cardiac event rate of greater than one in 27.
- A Thai cohort study found cases of myocarditis and pericarditis among adolescents who received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. All of the cases in the study involved males.
Read more at dailysceptic.org