Sir Jonathan Van-Tam, the UK’s former deputy chief medical officer who became a household name during the pandemic, has become a senior medical consultant to the Covid-19 vaccine maker Moderna.
- Sir Jonathan Van-Tam, known as “JVT,” was the UK’s former deputy chief medical officer during the pandemic.
- He has become a senior medical consultant to Moderna, a Covid-19 vaccine maker.
- Van-Tam was known for using football-related metaphors during Downing Street briefings.
- He joined Moderna as a part-time clinical adviser on May 2nd.
- He was a member of the government’s vaccine taskforce, involved in decisions on Covid vaccine contracts and manufacturing.
- He stepped down from his government position in March of the previous year to take a new role at the University of Nottingham.
- Moderna announced his appointment on LinkedIn, and he will report to their chief medical officer, Paul Burton.
- He remains a senior strategy adviser in medicine at Nottingham University.
- Van-Tam’s communication approach was praised for its effectiveness in conveying crucial information to the public.
- He often used football analogies to explain Covid updates.
- He also became chair of the Lincolnshire Football Association.